Hello, my name is Blueberry and I am an adorable female chihuahua, 3 years old, weighing in at a petite 6 pounds. I was one of those 15 dogs that SBRET rescued from living in cages in a dark basement, yuck! I have so much time to make up and I am trying so hard to figure out this living in a family environment. I am a nice couch potato buddy!!
I have made good progress in my foster home but I am extremely timid and shy so my forever home must be an adult family willing to give me lots of time to continue my journey of becoming a happy little girl. I am working on my house training and I do use the pee pads 85% of the time when my foster family is out but I would prefer to go wee outside so I have to have a secure fenced area. I am uncomfortable with a leash but I do my business just fine if you allow me to roam in your yard every couple of hours.
I do enjoy sleeping in a crate with nice blankets in your bedroom. I promise I will not cause you problems at all until you wake in the morning to take me out to wee. My foster family says I'm very easy this way. Even though I did lose 12 teeth during my dental I eat a mixture of dry kibble and canned food.
I know you will fall in love with my beauty and tiny self but I am a special little girl who needs an experienced Chihuahua person willing to continue with lots of love and patience. Approaching me slowly with confidence is key to a happy partnership. If I sound like a nice fit, give my friends at SBRET a call and tell them you want to meet me, Blueberry. Please see Notes below which summarizes what I need since I am a special little girl. My adoption fee is $175.
- Private meetings only since extremely unsocialized.
- Adults only since movement towards dog must be slow.
- Blueberry will still need lots of patience and socialization work once adopted.
- Does not come to her person when called, although knows her name.
- Walking on leash is not an option yet.
- Must have very secure fenced backyard, as Blueberry will not come when called and is a flight risk.
- You must be comfortable handling and have experience with a very shy, timid dog.
- Blueberry is not fully potty trained.
- Needs company of another secure dog to follow around.