* Quiet adult home experienced with shy dogs
* Someone that would be home most of the day to take me outside to potty
* I will need a small dog buddy that I can continue my outside training with as well as learning how to play
* I will require a very very secure fenced area and will still need to be on a leash and harness when taken outside as I adjust
* Someone willing to continue to work on my socialization and would give me time to get adjusted to my new surroundings and people
* I will need to sleep in the big bed with you and I am not fond of being crated at all
Hi. My name is Slick and I am a very small 9-month-old male Chihuahua weighing in at a whopping 3.5 pounds. I came from a home that had lots and lots of other dogs. When I was rescued and went to live with my foster mom and dad I was very very scared and afraid. I had obviously not had much interaction with people. I have been with my foster mom and dad about a month and I’m doing very well on learning that people are nice and belly rubs are the best.
The first week at my foster home I literally hid behind a couch and slowly began to trust people. I’m still learning to trust more and more and now if you are sitting on the couch I will jump up in your lap and let you pet me and I will even give you kisses. I am still nervous if my foster mom tries to come to me but I will always come to her if she is sitting down. I don’t mind putting a harness on to be taken outside and I am learning to walk around the yard and enjoy being outside. I will normally do my business outside and will need to be taken out every 2 to 3 hours. Sometimes I wear a belly band in the house. I am a good eater and normally eat three times a day due to my small size. One of my favorite things to do is lie in the sun.
I am not a good car rider but have only probably been in a car a couple of times in my life. I will definitely need a home where someone is willing to give me my space and let me come to trust you in my own time and way. Believe me I am a sweet sweet little boy and when my foster mom and dad come home from being gone I jump up and down and wag my tail. They have to be very cautious when they are going to open the door to go outside because if I ever got loose due to the fact that I am so scared right now I would probably keep going.
I have been neutered and chipped and I am up-to-date on all of my vaccinations including heartworm and flea prevention. I am a feisty little boy and do not have any medical issues that we are aware of. My adoption fee is $175.