Breed: Boston mix
Age: 5 years
Size: 20 pounds
A dog friend to play with
Active adult home or one with kids over 6
Hello my future forever family, I'm Orko the magician! Hoping to find the right spell to magic my way into your heart! I am a happy dude, weighing in at 20 pounds, and I've counted 5 or maybe 6 birthdays (counting isn't my strong suit). Just a chill guy waiting on the right people.
- I LOVE to play chase in the yard, with kids or other doggie friends. My 6-year-old foster nephew LOVES this game!
- My foster mom says I sleep well in a crate overnight or when she’s out
- But I LOVE snuggles – on the couch (with ear scratches of course), or in bed under the covers.
- I've met dog-savvy cats and thought they were nothing special.
- Leashed walks are always fun - although I get pretty excited on meeting other pups, so keep a good grip on the leash.
- I am doing great with my house training as long as you do your part and take me outside regularly.
Foster mom taking over the keyboard for a moment: Orko sounds perfect, but he does have a MINOR hitch in his giddy-up - he has hip dysplasia, a common doggie problem, causing some arthritis. He is on a joint supplement to help and should be monitored regularly by your vet. He cannot get overweight as this will exacerbate the joint issues. It doesn't slow him down much though, he still enjoys 3 mile walks with no issues! And nothing further is recommended by his vet at this time. He had three seizures and the vet has started him on medication. Since starting the medication he has not had any further seizures. The medication is $19.26 for a 30-day supply.
Orko is ready to be the master of your universe! He is already neutered, up to date on vaccinations and heartworm/flea preventative. His adoption fee is $175, and applications can be found at sbret.com.